Subject: Running guix pull 2021-01-02 19:25 ERROR

From: Andreas Drivsholm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 19:30:42 +0100

To the Guix developers,

here is my output of running `guix pull` on a freshly installed ubuntu.

ubuntu@guix:~$ guix pull*hint: *Consider installing the
`glibc-utf8-locales' or `glibc-locales' package and defining
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

     guix install glibc-utf8-locales
     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 8fcf947 (13,357 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	8fcf947
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%*building
/gnu/store/sflmgcfcdwizj7iyd3pfksdvrkc3pskb-config.scm.drv...**building
/gnu/store/7k17dvmcrdicjsdxmpvhss4p3i3d70j5-git.scm.drv...**building
/gnu/store/j9s3n7iqvh8pqkxkwy91nq3qynr1nby7-hash.scm.drv...**building
/gnu/store/1mz2nd6zb2pvn65rbg3xf7x7cf5rxnjg-module-import.drv...**building
/gnu/store/81ky267fn4d9lh28b9j8jd6zcxcpckbc-module-import.drv...**building
/gnu/store/f82dafzf9jxyzr7s9kfddnkp0zxg426p-module-import-compiled.drv...**building
/gnu/store/8lyzlhac92g3h1r9x9vla20ams3qdqfx-module-import-compiled.drv...**building
/gnu/store/4ing3dfb5k24sqxcvgp8p0268pv0zcw7-compute-guix-derivation.drv...*
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... \guix pull: *error:
*You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/q1l0dj233cyppx9c7r15g74wdjcwd5b0-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"8fcf947591413a92432da605c8da11375b612bc3"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.3.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

ubuntu@guix:~$ hash guix
ubuntu@guix:~$ guix install glibc-utf8-locales*hint: *Consider
installing the `glibc-utf8-locales' or `glibc-locales' package and
defining
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

     guix install glibc-utf8-locales
     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

guix install: *warning: *Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix package -u' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

The following package will be installed:
   glibc-utf8-locales 2.31

The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/mk152976narq0srmrl9avri5ikwwdcdx-profile.drv
*building CA certificate bundle...**building fonts
directory...**generating GLib schema cache...**creating GTK+ icon
theme cache...**building cache files for GTK+ input
methods...**building directory of Info manuals...**building database
for manual pages...**building XDG desktop file cache...**building XDG
MIME database...**building profile with 2 packages...*
ubuntu@guix:~$ export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"
ubuntu@guix:~$ echo $GUIX_
$GUIX_LOCPATH  $GUIX_PROFILE
ubuntu@guix:~$ echo $GUIX_LOCPATH
/home/ubuntu/.guix-profile/lib/locale
ubuntu@guix:~$ vim /home/ubuntu/
.bash_history              .config/                   .ssh/
.bash_logout               .emacs.d/                  .sudo_as_admin_successful
.bashrc                    .guix-profile/             .viminfo
.cache/                    .profile                   guix-install.sh
ubuntu@guix:~$ vim /home/ubuntu/
.bash_history              .config/                   .ssh/
.bash_logout               .emacs.d/                  .sudo_as_admin_successful
.bashrc                    .guix-profile/             .viminfo
.cache/                    .profile                   guix-install.sh
ubuntu@guix:~$ vim /home/ubuntu/.bash
.bash_history  .bash_logout   .bashrc
ubuntu@guix:~$ vim /home/ubuntu/.bash_
.bash_history  .bash_logout
ubuntu@guix:~$ vim /home/ubuntu/.bash_profile
ubuntu@guix:~$ guix pull*hint: *Consider installing the
`glibc-utf8-locales' or `glibc-locales' package and defining
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

     guix install glibc-utf8-locales
     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 01ec5ef (5 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	01ec5ef
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%*building
/gnu/store/axgkr8r6yqjkspkwiphk03fv6waw4rq1-compute-guix-derivation.drv...*
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... |guix pull: *error:
*You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/s638jrddldqx8jvk24p8xnimv8ay09hy-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"01ec5efff7cf95cae69493bd4ccfdd21a38770ae"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.3.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

ubuntu@guix:~$

Best regards,

Andreas Drivsholm