Subject: 28.0.90; mode-line of dashes of *Fancy Diary Entries* is not filled with dashes when frame is widened

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 16:31:33 +0100

Launch GNU Emacs, invoke calendar and press d on (today's) date. Now the buffer with *Fancy Diary Entries* is created. Its mode-line consists, from left to right, of dashes, then the text "Sunday, January 2, 2022" (today) and then some more dashes. When this frame is made wider, on the left or on the right, the dashes on the right side are not extended to the right edge.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin21.2.0, NS appkit-2113.20 Version 12.1 (Build 21C52))
 of 2022-01-02 built on Kleines.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.1

Configured using:
 'configure --without-libsystemd --without-pop --without-sound
 --without-gpm --without-dbus --without-selinux --without-imagemagick
 --with-ns --without-x --with-dumping=pdumper
 --disable-ns-self-contained
 '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/calendar28:/Library/Application Support/Emacs'
 --with-file-notification=yes CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include 'CFLAGS=-g
 -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -Os -arch x86_64 -fomit-frame-pointer
 -std=c11' 'LDFLAGS=-v -arch x86_64 -Wl,-bind_at_load -Wl,-t -L
 /opt/local/lib'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/libexec/openssl3/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/X11/lib/pkgconfig
 CC=clang CXX=clang++ MAKEINFO=/opt/local/bin/makeinfo'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Calendar

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
view cal-china lunar cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs cal-julian solar cal-dst diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-move
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 64502 7252)
 (symbols 48 7357 1)
 (strings 32 21607 2263)
 (string-bytes 1 776595)
 (vectors 16 14588)
 (vector-slots 8 207067 11401)
 (floats 8 511 304)
 (intervals 56 508 25)
 (buffers 992 13))

--
Greetings

  Pete

»¿ʇı̣ əsnqɐ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ ɟı̣
ɓuı̣ɥʇʎuɐ sı̣ pooɓ ʇɐɥʍ«