Subject: Re: bug#52951: Including Swedish calendar localization (sv-kalender.el) in Emacs

From: Daniel Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 20:16:35 +0100

On 2022-01-02 at 09:41, Stefan Kangas wrote:

> Severity: wishlist
>
> We have talked about adding the library sv-kalender.el to Emacs itself:
>
>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-07/msg00030.html
>
> I am opening this bug to track this work.  The main question that
> remains is whether or not we have the necessary copyright assignments.
>
> Daniel, if I understand correctly, you have already assigned copyright
> to the FSF for Emacs contributions.  Are you okay with including
> sv-kalender.el in Emacs itself?  Could you please also confirm that you
> have written that file yourself?

I have assigned copyright to the FSF, yes. I wrote sv-kalender.el. Some
of it was adapted from holiday code in Emacs at the time, but it was a
long time ago and I don't recall any specifics -- it is not a copyright
problem anyway. I don't mind at all having it included in Emacs.

> The current plan would be to include sv-kalender.el as a "core" package
> in the main Emacs repository.  This means that it will be maintained in
> emacs.git, but we will have the option to release new versions of the
> package on GNU ELPA.

I'm glad you want to include it in Emacs. I'm sure some improvement is
needed to have it match Emacs standards. Unfortunately I don't have the
time to work on this project right now, but I wish you luck. Thank you!