Subject: bug#52950: Non-GNU ELPA: make sync no longer pushes

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 09:25:34 -0500

The "make sync" step in the Non-GNU ELPA instructions no longer push
to remote.  From nongnu/README.org:

  - Push the package's code to the repository =nongnu.git=:

    #+begin_src sh
      make sync/<pkgname>
    #+end_src

The output of that command is simply:

  $ make sync/toc-org
  emacs --no-site-lisp --batch -l admin/elpa-admin.el -f
elpaa-batch-fetch-and-push "toc-org"
  Fetching updates for toc-org...
  New package toc-org hasn’t been pushed to origin yet

However, no push is carried out AFAICT.

I suspect that this happened with 76c74a11effe (but I might be wrong; I
didn't yet investigate it very closely):

  commit 76c74a11effee3435b43210b673c36eaf0572068
  Author: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
  Date:   Wed Oct 20 01:43:58 2021 +0200

      * elpa-admin.el (elpaa--fetch): Show no log before push to origin

This is not the end of the world, as the autosyncer anyways seems to
synchronize it.  However, it is sort of nice if the person adding the
package is shown on the mailing list instead of the autosyncher.  It
makes it more clear who added a package for future reference.

(I didn't test any of this on GNU ELPA.)