Subject: [bug#52946] [PATCH 0/2] Update Audacity to 3.1.3.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 21:43:37 +0100

Am Sonntag, dem 02.01.2022 um 23:11 -0500 schrieb Leo Famulari:
> On Sun, Jan 02, 2022 at 10:42:52AM +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler
> wrote:
> > This series updates wxwidgets-3.1 and thereafter audacity.  Both
> > packages come with a series of adjustments to things changed in the
> > build system in newer versions.
> 
> Thanks, it works for me using Guix on Debian.
Good to know.

> > Particularly concerning is that audacity relies on linux-internal
> > headers in order to do file magic.  Would it be feasible to patch
> > their code so that it works in terms of the file package?
> 
> I don't know about this subject, but I noticed the same thing while
> attempting this update. Do you think it's a problem?
I'd like to avoid it if possible.  Audacity uses it to determine
whether a particular file system is FAT so as to determine its
limitations -- I'm sure there are better ways of doing that.

Cheers