Subject: bug#52943: Cannot build guix as part of guix system reconfigure after commit 224d437fb4 on aarch64

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 21:33:01 -0800

On 2022-01-17, Pierre Langlois wrote:
> Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> If nobody has further comments, I will commit the attached version to
>>> master in about 24 hours.
>>
>> I've committed this in 24c3485bb3ffc05e687ef6513ac287b8d3048bab.  We
>> still need to update the "guix" package, so even if you run "guix pull"
>> right now, you won't be able to successfully build "guix" after pulling
>> on aarch64-linux yet.
>>
>> I will coordinate with the other people who are helping to make the
>> 1.4.0 release to ensure that this fix makes it into the 1.4.0 release.
>> See this guix-devel email thread for details:
>>
>>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-01/msg00296.html
>
> That's awesome, thank you!

FWIW, I can also confirm that updating the "guix" package to a version
that contains 24c3485bb3ffc05e687ef6513ac287b8d3048bab allows the "guix"
package (which contains the fairly important "guix-daemon"), to build
again. Thanks for getting it that far!

Haven't been able to upgrade my aarch64 systems without local patches
for over a month now... glad to see a fix is *almost* ready!

Is there anything in particular holding back upating the guix package
(other than the huge amount of big merges in progress, release
preparation, etc. and etc.)?

Thanks everyone!

live well,
  vagrant