Subject: 29.0.50; fido-mode: characters typed into minibuffers inserted multiple times

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 16:14:17 -0700

Hello,

If the system is under heavy load, and/or Emacs is compiled with debug
options which substantially slow it down, and fido-mode is enabled, then
typing quickly into the minibuffer can result in typed characters
inserted more than once.  Here is how I can reproduce it:

    emacs -Q
    M-x fido-mode RET
    C-h v

and quickly try to type "font-weight-table".  This is what I get in the
minibuffer:

    font-weweweweweweweight-tatabe

Although I made at least one typo (I didn't type the 'l'), I definitely
did not type 'we' and 'ta' that many times.

I haven't been able to reproduce with icomplete-mode, but as the problem
does not occur consistently, I am not confident it does not occur with
icomplete-mode.

-- 
Sean Whitton