Subject: bug#52912: 29.0.50; Left over files from native compilation

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 14:16:25 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> No, you are not misreading.  I guess my hypothesis was incorrect, and
>> something else is at work here.  But the problem is real nonetheless.
>>
>> Perhaps this is something caused by Alan's speedup of the bootstrap?
>
> Could be, but it's affecting a whole lot more files than the ones that
> were touched by that change...  Andrea, can you take a look at this?

Hi Lars,

Hmmm I see what's going on.

The .eln file is produced by 'gcc_jit_context_compile_to_file', we could
just produce the temporary .elc before calling it and renaming it
afterwards but unfortunatelly 'gcc_jit_context_compile_to_file' takes a
considerable part of the compilation time, as a consequence we'd go back
to the reason this bug was opened for.

I think the best solution is to touch the .eln file once the final .elc
is produced.

I'll put a patch together.

  Andrea