Subject: bug#52912: 29.0.50; Left over files from native compilation

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:20:25 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Then perhaps the time stamp variation on your system sometimes makes
> the *.eln files newer than the *.elc?

It's possible.  All those lines are supposed to say "native compiled
elisp", right?

>> That's been a long-standing problem, though -- whenever subr.el is
>> updated (or something), help-fns-test-lisp-defun fails.  (But I've never
>> taken the time to find out why.)
>
> No, I think it's a separate issue.  At least on my system, touching
> all the preloaded *.el files would produce a coherent build with all
> the *.eln files recompiled.

Right.  I've now actually checked what it is that triggers the test
failure, and it is indeed a new subr.el:

[larsi@stories ~/src/emacs/trunk]$ touch lisp/subr.el
[larsi@stories ~/src/emacs/trunk]$ make; make check-maybe
[...]

1 files contained unexpected results:
  lisp/help-fns-tests.log

I'll open a new bug report for that.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no