Subject: bug#5291: 23.1.91; "bzr status" FAILED

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 06:09:58 +0200

> Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 14:17:30 -0800 (PST)
> From: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> What exactly creates the d:/gnu/bzr/emacs/trunk/bzr_log.ahvp69 file?

"bzr commit" does.  This file is where it puts the list of files to be
committed, then submits it to $EDITOR (in my case, emacsclient), and
expects me to insert the commit message there.  After "bzr commit" is
done (i.e., the changes committed), this file is deleted by bzr.

> Is your TEMP set to d:/gnu/bzr/emacs/trunk/ ?

No.  AFAIU, bzr creates these temporary files in the directory where
you run "bzr commit".  I see these files created in the current
directory on GNU/Linux as well, although I will have to check if the
same problem happens there as well as on Windows.

> I think that if you change:
>                    (vc-bzr-command "status" t 0 file)
> to:
>                    (vc-bzr-command "status" t 3 file)
> in vc-bzr-status
> it should work, but I am not 100% sure that's TRTD.

OK, I will look into this when I have a chance.  Thanks.

Do you (or someone else) know where can I find the documentation of
status code returned by bzr?