Subject: Re: bug#52909: Some man pages are not built correctly

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 16:25:16 -0400

Hi,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Leo,
>
> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Guix Git commit c7d74a9bccfc1b1274fc8754a6e78bb6887c7fea, at least
>> some manpages are not being built correctly for packages such as elogind
>> and gnome-keyring-daemon. Are we seeing raw groff input? I'm not sure of
>> the technology used here.

[...]

> I've read the same kind of issue reported to the bind9
> project and its resolution, which was very helpful:
> https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/issues/2310.  It seems it's
> a DocBook XSL stylesheet problem resolved in
> https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets/pull/111 but not yet
> released...

This is now fixable in an ad-hoc fashion on master by replacing the
problematic docbook-xsl with docbook-xsl-next, and fixed for good on
core-updates.

Closing.

Thanks,

Maxim