Subject: Re: bug#52902: hydra.el out of date on GNU ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 13:44:37 -0500

Stefan Kangas [2021-12-30 12:35:47] wrote:
> The hydra package on GNU ELPA is version 0.14, but the latest released
> version was 0.15 in 2019.

Yes, that's because the two have diverged.

    % make fetch/hydra 
    emacs --batch -l admin/elpa-admin.el -f elpaa-batch-fetch-and-show "hydra"
    Fetching updates for hydra...
    Upstream of hydra has DIVERGED!
    
      Local changes:
    Depuis https://github.com/abo-abo/hydra
     * [nouvelle référence]               -> upstream/hydra/main
    4532f40ae4  [email-masked]..  Fix some quoting problems in doc strings
    c554597c3b  [email-masked]..  * packages/gnome-c-style/gnome-c-tests.el: Add copyright blurb
    
      Upstream changes:
    a38690b1b7  stefan@marxist..  Add GNU ELPA badge
    f45e64f7e1  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--describe-key): Add and bind to "<f1> k"
    2d553787ac  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--make-defun): Refactor
    1ab885785e  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--make-defun): Allow to speficy :idle property for a head
    112e689f75  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-add-imenu): Add
    8a9124f80b  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el: Fix hydra-curr-map nil when hydras are nested via :post
    87873d7888  [email-masked]   Explicitly require cl-lib.
    2dfc493ebc  s.walinder@gma..  Fixed message hint display from being escaped by percent
    16fa8d109e  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (defhydra): Use "__" in docstring to represent a literal "_"
    370a5c613e  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-key-regex): Include "[]" in the char group
    d2b921d067  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (defhydra): :exit key can now also be a sexp
    9fc28a044b  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--make-defun): Refactor
    6442faf3da  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--make-defun): Refactor
    5e29ad0092  ohwoeowho@gmai..  lv.el (lv-window): Ensure fundamental-mode
    d3328cab67  ohwoeowho@gmai..  doc: Add full text of licences
    e3beffdd80  github@sjbach...  lv.el (lv-window): Don't modify the buffer-list order
    9db28034d7  ohwoeowho@gmai..  lv.el (lv-window-hook): Add
    bcc2d0eb5b  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--work-around-dedicated): Revert
    d38c63d3d8  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--work-around-dedicated): Unset on 26.3
    0c5dcf7ab9  ohwoeowho@gmai..  .travis.yml: Use EVM
    49bef08465  [email-masked]  Fix typos
    91f961d5d5  ohwoeowho@gmai..  lv.el (lv-use-padding): New defcustom
    74b32f3ff0  ohwoeowho@gmai..  lv.el: Sience byte compiler
    9936d1c6a8  ohwoeowho@gmai..  lv.el (lv-window): Set tab-line-format to nil
    435c55e9f7  rotim.davor@gm..  Disable fill-column-indicator display.
    b14aaf71cb  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-lv): Remove obsolete defcustom
    a91dd72529  ema2159@gmail...  lv.el (lv-window): Set header-line-format to nil
    798c0d810f  ohwoeowho@gmai..  .github/FUNDING.yml: Add
    82ff12666e  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (find-func): Fix advice
    a2bb124a3f  ubolonton@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-posframe-hide): Delay hiding hint when it makes sense
    406988f6e9  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-posframe-show-params): Add
    e94b39171a  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-posframe-show): Introduce a border
    f27fce1b2f  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el: Bump version
    acb69859f3  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra-test.el: Update tests for the last commit
    6842731f08  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-lv): Declare obsolete
    480ae63137  bmagamb@gmail...  Declare dependency on separate lv package
    8e3698fb53  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra-examples.el (hydra-rectangle): Change "p" to "x"
    d96180865c  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-hint-display-alist): Add
    e0e3282efa  yhaoxie@gmail...  hydra.el (hydra-hint-display-type): Add
    9c4a4711bc  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-key-doc-function-default): Accept also sexp as doc
    aa55bbd196  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--hint-from-matrix): Don't wrap with concat
    38a567fc5b  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--hint-from-matrix): Return a list
    1dab16cd2a  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--hint-from-matrix): Prep to return list
    f0745366ff  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--hint-from-matrix-1): Extract
    b7279c7c19  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--hint-row): Prep to return list
    3846e2728f  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-interpose): Extract
    16563fbc4c  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--hint-row): Extract
    1e423933a9  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el: sexp hints are now supported for :columns
    67e454bf10  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (defhydra+): Update indent spec
    9ca93bdffb  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (defhydra+): Add
    425f20e7ed  ohwoeowho@gmai..  README.md: Link to :column code
    05871dd6c8  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (defhydra): Document the :column feature
    2ad0b01611  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--normalize-body): Fixup for Emacs24
    e01a79e4b7  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (defhydra): Declare "/params" and "/docstring"
    ffff068d7f  duianto@users...  Update readme.md, add repo name and melpa badges
    67098cc914  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--format): Add extra newline
    5c5b9ca326  [email-masked]  Silence byte-compiler on Emacs 25
    d071278fcc  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--format): Fix off-by-one
    c30e04d3f6  ohwoeowho@gmai..  lv.el (lv-window): Turn off display-line-numbers
    44b42598ee  culot@FreeBSD...  Fix Typos
    87cc74b264  Oleh.Krehel@to..  hydra.el (hydra--format): Make no docstring equivalent to :hint nil
    5b8f662992  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--format): Allow e.g. "M-?" in docstring
    1e72f96a14  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (defhydra): Add :base-map option to body plist
    62e0f37462  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra-test.el: Fix tests for previous commit
    8119d82fe9  justin@burkett..  hydra.el (hydra--make-defun): require hydra
    cf96140079  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra-test.el: Regenerate tests for the last commit
    462202d7fc  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--doc): Fixup
    03eeea324c  justin@burkett..  Make first line of hydra docstrings more informative.
    1deed8a00e  wouter@bolster..  fix typo in readme
    e228432bb6  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--hint-from-matrix): Adjust for "%" in key
    49611c1509  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--generate-matrix): Refactor
    a23046b7d5  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--hint-from-matrix): Refactor
    6eaf10f52c  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra-test.el (hydra-format-5): Fix failing test
    df3025f7e3  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra-key-regex): Add "\\"
    b12d37ac00  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--format): Detect macroexpand
    b4fb3298cd  ohwoeowho@gmai..  hydra.el (hydra--hint-heads-wocol): Ignore dynamic hints
    ab67b29835  joe.wreschnig@..  Declare the third argument of `defhydra’ as a (potential) docstring.

If someone could `git merge 4532f40ae4` into the upstream, then I'll
gladly enable `:auto-sync`.

        Stefan