Subject: bug#52870: Is displaying <menu-bar> bindings in describe-function useful?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 12:02:24 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> It is bound to C-h f and <help> f
>> It can also be invoked from the menu: "Help Menu" -> "Describe" ...
>> 
>> or something like that?
>
> If you mean to have them one after the other, like shown above, I'm
> okay with that.

I've now almost implemented this.  I'm trying to find something that
maps

[menu-bar help-menu describe describe-function]

to "Help" -> "Describe" -> "Describe Function"

but I'm not finding anything.  I looked at the tmm code, and it does a
lot of tedious keymap traversing to do its stuff, but then again, it's
more extensive.

Do we have a function somewhere that maps key strokes to menu names?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no