Subject: Re: [bug#52866] maintenance: Add a crash dump service.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 18:37:22 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 29 Dec 2021 at 10:16, Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We could also upload other backtraces that are generated by the "guix"
> command itself, when running "guix pull" for instance.

Really cool idea!  Maybe something as:

    guix record --start
    … stuff …
    … boum! …
    guix record --stop
    guix record --push

    guix record --pull=<integer>

where the “session” collect all RPC, command line, “guix describe”, and
all “stuff” could be wrapped with ’strace’.

Well, it could be nice to catch all the Guile exceptions and then have a
complete backtrace, but, AFAIU, all the exceptions are not managed
uniformly.

Cheers,
simon