Subject: bug#52843: closed (Re: bug#52843: ioccur 2.6 not on GNU ELPA after version bump in upstream)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 00:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#52843: ioccur 2.6 not on GNU ELPA after version bump in upstream

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52843: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52843
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52843: ioccur 2.6 not on GNU ELPA after version bump in upstream
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 16:10:29 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> If all goes well, the new ioccur should be released soon.

It is released now:

    https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ioccur.html

Subject: ioccur 2.6 not on GNU ELPA after version bump in upstream
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 21:30:55 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The ioccur package was recently bumped to version 2.6 in the upstream
repository:

    https://github.com/thierryvolpiatto/ioccur/commits/master

However, despite that being three days ago, the package on GNU ELPA has
not been updated; it is still listed as version 2.5:

    https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ioccur.html

My understanding is that packages should be updated daily, so is there
something that has gone wrong here or is this expected?

I also note that there is no ioccur badge on the elpa.gnu.org page.