Subject: bug#52840: closed (Re: bug#52840: cuirass/UI: don't use color as only source of information)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 09:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#52840: cuirass/UI: don't use color as only source of information

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52840: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52840
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52840: cuirass/UI: don't use color as only source of information
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: raingloom <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 10:21:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> There is no reason to hide the text behind a hover action, especially
> since not all input devices support that.

That specific issue is fixed with:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-cuirass.git/commit/?id=d9a4ea25e4056f71b12d7d8869510793bab41674.

I'm sure there are possibly other accessibility issues, don't hesitate
to report them too.

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: cuirass/UI: don't use color as only source of information
From: raingloom <[email-masked]>
To: Guix Bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 03:08:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is one of the most basic accessibility principles, I think Cuirass
should adhere to it.
Specifically on pages like this:
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/251721/details
the weather field is just a colored circle.
There is no reason to hide the text behind a hover action, especially
since not all input devices support that.
Also, not all output devices support color. And obviously, colorblind
people exist too.