Subject: bug#52834: sanity-check fails with namespace packages

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 21:49:18 +0100

Hi,

I just investigated some failing python packages 
<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/16105/dashboard> and found that 
"python2-zppe-*" packages fail. (Most due to a dependency failing , 
though. Actually failing are python2-zope-testing and python2-zope-event).

These fail due to sanity-check not being able to import "zope" - which 
is a namespace package. Both use the "src directory layout" (source is 
contained in a sub-directory "src").

This could be solved by fetching a list og namespace-packages and 
checking whether a fails import is a namespace-package. Maybe there are 
other solution.

try:

      nspkgs = set(dist.get_metadata_lines('namespace_packages.txt'))

except:

     nspkgs = set()

Anyhow, since Python2 is EOL since long, I'm not sure whether it's worth 
the effort.

WDYT?

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |