Subject: native compilation fails on teco.el from MELPA

From: Mark Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 15:40:09 -0500

from a fresh build:

src/emacs -Q -batch -l comp -f batch-native-compile
/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range
"/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el" "d" 1)
  signal(args-out-of-range
("/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el" "d" 1))
  comp--native-compile("/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el")
  batch-native-compile()
  command-line-1(("-l" "comp" "-f" "batch-native-compile"
"/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31,
cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-12-27 built on x1.mofjwutu.com
Repository revision: 8df3a71c526c28b17926f7b56860f9798ab6d933
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: Fedora Linux 35 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE
XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  indent-guide-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  pcre-mode: t
  dynamic-completion-mode: t
  msb-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  dap-tooltip-mode: t
  dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
  dap-ui-controls-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  dap-auto-configure-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/teco
/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20211226.738/transient hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug jka-compr mail-extr smtpmail sendmail cl-print
debug backtrace cus-start misearch multi-isearch hippie-exp shortdoc
help-fns radix-tree teco bs add-log mm-archive message yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util mailabbrev
gmm-utils mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode lsp-headerline lsp-icons
bug-reference url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth mule-util vc-git
diff-mode vc-dispatcher lsp-diagnostics lsp-modeline company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb lsp-zig lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-yaml lsp-xml
lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala lsp-v
lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf
lsp-r lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh lsp-php lsp-perl
lsp-ocaml lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin
lsp-json lsp-javascript lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack lsp-graphql lsp-go
lsp-completion lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang
lsp-elixir lsp-elm lsp-dockerfile lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp
gnutls lsp-crystal lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd
dom lsp-beancount lsp-bash lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript ccls
ccls-member-hierarchy ccls-inheritance-hierarchy ccls-call-hierarchy
ccls-tree ccls-code-lens ccls-semantic-highlight ccls-common scala-mode
scala-mode-prettify-symbols scala-mode-imenu scala-mode-map
scala-mode-fontlock scala-mode-indent scala-mode-paragraph
scala-mode-syntax scala-mode-lib time-date disp-table indent-guide
hlinum linum cap-words superword subword saveplace desktop frameset
display-line-numbers beacon pcre2el rxt re-builder completion msb winner
savehist which-func page-break-lines hi-lock avoid icomplete server
lsp-pyright dap-mouse dap-ui gdb-mi gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry
bui-core bui-history bui-button bui-utils cus-edit pp cus-load dap-java
lsp-java request mailheader autorevert mail-utils cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
which-key lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu
lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-ui-util face-remap company hydra
flycheck-package package-lint let-alist finder finder-inf projectile
lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr grep ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs lsp-metals view
lsp-metals-treeview lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs
treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-interface treemacs-extensions treemacs-mouse-interface
treemacs-tags treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode
treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture hl-line
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros
lsp-metals-protocol lsp-lens dap-mode dap-launch posframe dap-overlays
lsp-mode lsp-protocol aws-snippets go-snippets yasnippet-snippets
yasnippet xref project tree-widget wid-edit spinner pcase network-stream
puny nsm rmc markdown-mode color thingatpt noutline outline lv inline
imenu ht filenotify ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config compile
text-property-search comint ring flycheck-eldev flycheck ansi-color
find-func use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode importmagic f dash s
epc ctable edmacro kmacro concurrent deferred hl-todo use-package-ensure
ialign align use-package-core tab-line comp comp-cstr warnings cl-extra
help-mode trim page-menu cperl-mode facemenu rx cl advice info package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2033024 1757529)
 (symbols 48 66451 1630)
 (strings 32 383718 254293)
 (string-bytes 1 13170950)
 (vectors 16 191556)
 (vector-slots 8 3613222 864180)
 (floats 8 900 4896)
 (intervals 56 211261 67849)
 (buffers 992 38))