Subject: bug#52833: closed (Re: bug#52833: native compilation fails on teco.el from MELPA)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 11:00:03 +0000

Your bug report

#52833: native compilation fails on teco.el from MELPA

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52833: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52833
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52833: native compilation fails on teco.el from MELPA
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 10:59:29 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 13:31:31 +0100
>> 
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> >> > I've installed a fix on master as e7699bf290, please have a look if it
>> >> > works for you as well.
>> >> >
>> >> > Maintainers will tell us if we want to backport it on emacs-28 as well
>> >> > (I think would be worth).
>> >> 
>> >> If it doesn't lead to any regressions on master, backporting it to
>> >> emacs-28 sounds like a good idea to me.
>> >
>> > Agreed, let's revisit this in a week or two.
>> 
>> It's now been two weeks, so should this be backported now?
>
> I won't object to backporting it.
>
>> (I can't recall seeing any regressions, but I haven't paid that much
>> attention the past few weeks.)
>
> Neither did  I.

Hi all,

I then pushed the backport into emacs-28 as 9e64aeff40.

Closing this.

Thanks!

  Andrea

Subject: native compilation fails on teco.el from MELPA
From: Mark Kennedy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 15:40:09 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

from a fresh build:

src/emacs -Q -batch -l comp -f batch-native-compile
/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range
"/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el" "d" 1)
  signal(args-out-of-range
("/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el" "d" 1))
  comp--native-compile("/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el")
  batch-native-compile()
  command-line-1(("-l" "comp" "-f" "batch-native-compile"
"/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco.el"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31,
cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-12-27 built on x1.mofjwutu.com
Repository revision: 8df3a71c526c28b17926f7b56860f9798ab6d933
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: Fedora Linux 35 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE
XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  indent-guide-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  pcre-mode: t
  dynamic-completion-mode: t
  msb-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  dap-tooltip-mode: t
  dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
  dap-ui-controls-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  dap-auto-configure-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/teco-20200707.2309/teco hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/teco
/home/mtk/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20211226.738/transient hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug jka-compr mail-extr smtpmail sendmail cl-print
debug backtrace cus-start misearch multi-isearch hippie-exp shortdoc
help-fns radix-tree teco bs add-log mm-archive message yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util mailabbrev
gmm-utils mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode lsp-headerline lsp-icons
bug-reference url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth mule-util vc-git
diff-mode vc-dispatcher lsp-diagnostics lsp-modeline company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb lsp-zig lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-yaml lsp-xml
lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala lsp-v
lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf
lsp-r lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh lsp-php lsp-perl
lsp-ocaml lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-markdown lsp-lua lsp-kotlin
lsp-json lsp-javascript lsp-haxe lsp-groovy lsp-hack lsp-graphql lsp-go
lsp-completion lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang
lsp-elixir lsp-elm lsp-dockerfile lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp
gnutls lsp-crystal lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd
dom lsp-beancount lsp-bash lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript ccls
ccls-member-hierarchy ccls-inheritance-hierarchy ccls-call-hierarchy
ccls-tree ccls-code-lens ccls-semantic-highlight ccls-common scala-mode
scala-mode-prettify-symbols scala-mode-imenu scala-mode-map
scala-mode-fontlock scala-mode-indent scala-mode-paragraph
scala-mode-syntax scala-mode-lib time-date disp-table indent-guide
hlinum linum cap-words superword subword saveplace desktop frameset
display-line-numbers beacon pcre2el rxt re-builder completion msb winner
savehist which-func page-break-lines hi-lock avoid icomplete server
lsp-pyright dap-mouse dap-ui gdb-mi gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry
bui-core bui-history bui-button bui-utils cus-edit pp cus-load dap-java
lsp-java request mailheader autorevert mail-utils cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
which-key lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu
lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-ui-util face-remap company hydra
flycheck-package package-lint let-alist finder finder-inf projectile
lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr grep ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs lsp-metals view
lsp-metals-treeview lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs
treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-interface treemacs-extensions treemacs-mouse-interface
treemacs-tags treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode
treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture hl-line
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros
lsp-metals-protocol lsp-lens dap-mode dap-launch posframe dap-overlays
lsp-mode lsp-protocol aws-snippets go-snippets yasnippet-snippets
yasnippet xref project tree-widget wid-edit spinner pcase network-stream
puny nsm rmc markdown-mode color thingatpt noutline outline lv inline
imenu ht filenotify ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config compile
text-property-search comint ring flycheck-eldev flycheck ansi-color
find-func use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode importmagic f dash s
epc ctable edmacro kmacro concurrent deferred hl-todo use-package-ensure
ialign align use-package-core tab-line comp comp-cstr warnings cl-extra
help-mode trim page-menu cperl-mode facemenu rx cl advice info package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2033024 1757529)
 (symbols 48 66451 1630)
 (strings 32 383718 254293)
 (string-bytes 1 13170950)
 (vectors 16 191556)
 (vector-slots 8 3613222 864180)
 (floats 8 900 4896)
 (intervals 56 211261 67849)
 (buffers 992 38))