Subject: bug#52823: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2025 18:31:02 +0000

Your bug report

#52823: 3 gx*lv2 packages fail to build in the same manner

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52823: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52823
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2025 20:30:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The packages have been updated in the meantime, closing.
If problems persist with newer versions, please feel free to open an
issue or pull request on codeberg.

Andreas

Subject: 3 gx*lv2 packages fail to build in the same manner
From: Thorsten Wilms <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 17:54:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

gx-saturator-lv2-0-3m, gx-slow-gear-lv2-0-3, gx-vbass-preamp-lv2-0-2
all fail in the same way, with many repetitons of `error: template 
with C linkage` and warnings for deprecated ‘GTypeDebugFlags’ and
‘GTimeVal’.Using gx-saturator as example:

```
In file included from gui/paintbox.cpp:20:
gui/paintbox.h:24:1: note: ‘extern "C"’ linkage started here
   24 | extern "C" {
      | ^~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib/glib-typeof.h:39,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib/gatomic.h:28,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib/gthread.h:32,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib/gasyncqueue.h:32,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:32,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gobject/gbinding.h:28,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib-object.h:22,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gio/gioenums.h:28,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gio/giotypes.h:28,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gio/gio.h:26,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkapplaunchcontext.h:30,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:32,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
                 from gui/paintbox.h:27,
                 from gui/paintbox.cpp:20:
/gnu/store/vakvgvrb839igv16jkif4lmx11d25jqb-gcc-10.3.0/include/c++/type_traits:2930:3: error: template with C linkage
 2930 |   template<typename _Fn, typename... _Args>
      |   ^~~~~~~~
In file included from gui/paintbox.cpp:20:
gui/paintbox.h:24:1: note: ‘extern "C"’ linkage started here
   24 | extern "C" {
      | ^~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkobject.h:37,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkwidget.h:36,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkcontainer.h:35,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkbin.h:35,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkwindow.h:36,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkdialog.h:35,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkaboutdialog.h:32,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:33,
                 from gui/paintbox.h:27,
                 from gui/paintbox.cpp:20:
/gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtktypeutils.h:236:64: warning: ‘GTypeDebugFlags’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
  236 | void            gtk_type_init   (GTypeDebugFlags    debug_flags);
      |                                                                ^
In file included from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gobject/gobject.h:24,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gobject/gbinding.h:29,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib-object.h:22,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gio/gioenums.h:28,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gio/giotypes.h:28,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gio/gio.h:26,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkapplaunchcontext.h:30,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:32,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
                 from gui/paintbox.h:27,
                 from gui/paintbox.cpp:20:
/gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gobject/gtype.h:704:3: note: declared here
  704 | } GTypeDebugFlags GLIB_DEPRECATED_TYPE_IN_2_36;
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtktoolitem.h:31,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtktoolbutton.h:30,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkmenutoolbutton.h:30,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:126,
                 from gui/paintbox.h:27,
                 from gui/paintbox.cpp:20:
/gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtktooltips.h:73:12: warning: ‘GTimeVal’ is deprecated: Use 'GDateTime' instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
   73 |   GTimeVal last_popdown;
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib/galloca.h:32,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:30,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gobject/gbinding.h:28,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib-object.h:22,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gio/gioenums.h:28,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gio/giotypes.h:28,
                 from /gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/gio/gio.h:26,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkapplaunchcontext.h:30,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:32,
                 from /gnu/store/2sw8v141r6hjsv0mq7cwxxp6m2499y4v-gtk+-2.24.33/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
                 from gui/paintbox.h:27,
                 from gui/paintbox.cpp:20:
/gnu/store/qqs98rxwjrji6aaf6dqwp7q4m545g2sn-glib-2.70.0/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:545:26: note: declared here
  545 | typedef struct _GTimeVal GTimeVal GLIB_DEPRECATED_TYPE_IN_2_62_FOR(GDateTime);
      |                          ^~~~~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:98: gx_saturate] Error 1
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "make" arguments: ("-j" "8" "DESTDIR=/gnu/store/ykys0igh8wgf4psdnpmw0y7zf5jqzadq-gx-saturator-lv2-0-3.605330f43") exit-status: 2 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> 
phase `build' failed after 2.5 seconds
command "make" "-j" "8" "DESTDIR=/gnu/store/ykys0igh8wgf4psdnpmw0y7zf5jqzadq-gx-saturator-lv2-0-3.605330f43" failed with status 2
builder for `/gnu/store/j51q8fqyhd949w2biyp5pwx6cl0f90zi-gx-saturator-lv2-0-3.605330f43.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/j51q8fqyhd949w2biyp5pwx6cl0f90zi-gx-saturator-lv2-0-3.605330f43.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/j5/1q8fqyhd949w2biyp5pwx6cl0f90zi-gx-saturator-lv2-0-3.605330f43.drv.bz2'.
guix build: error: build of `/gnu/store/j51q8fqyhd949w2biyp5pwx6cl0f90zi-gx-saturator-lv2-0-3.605330f43.drv' failed
```

-- 
Thorsten Wilms <[email-masked]>