Subject: bug#52821: Should "(elisp) Keymaps" describe key sequences first?

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 23:20:33 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Now that we promote the new keymap-* functions, does it really make
  > sense to start the section (info "(elisp) Keymaps") with a description
  > of key sequences?

  > This seems to now be considered more of an internal detail,

A key sequence is a Lisp object, and it's not internal -- quite a few
programs operate on them.

The description in that node is confused between describing the
Lisp object itself and describing its printed representation.
Perhaps this node should describe the Lisp object format
and the issue of printing and inputting them should be elsewhere.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)