Subject: Re: bug#52815: Editable grep buffer

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 23:24:35 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > Actually editing the text in the Grep mode buffer is a nuisance, since
  > > many self-inserting characters do unusual things.  But that is a
  > > different issue.

  > This is the issue we are discussing here, as that is what wgrep does.
  > It works well in practice, analogous to how wdired works but it edits
  > multiple files.  You enter wgrep-mode from grep-mode to make your edits
  > with `C-x C-q', edit the text of the buffer and then type `C-x C-s' to
  > save your changes to the relevant files.

That makes sense.  The original message didn't describe it clearly.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)