Subject: Re: bug#52809: 28.0.90; X11 modeline context menu grows offscreen unreadable on smaller screen of two screen display

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 14:13:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2021, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 10:53:22 +0000 (UTC)
>> From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> The ELC+ELN stage of the build doesn't make use of multicores.  If it
>> could detect there are 4 cores and do something like 'make -j4' that
>> would be an improvement on time to build completion.
>
> You mean, during building Emacs?  If you say "make -j4", there will be
> 4 ELC+ELN compilations running in parallel.  So I'm not sure I
> understand the complaint.
>

Yes, during the Emacs build.  I haven't experimented to see if "make 
-j4" will allow 4 parallel lanes of ELC+ELN compilations.  That would 
be nice.  I'm saying "make bootstrap" detects there are multiple 
cores and suggests or defaults to using them all in parallel whee 
possible.

-- 
vl