Subject: bug#52809: 28.0.90; X11 modeline context menu grows offscreen unreadable on smaller screen of two screen display

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 08:42:41 +0800

Van Ly <[email-masked]> writes:

> The x-toolkit is "lucid".  Here is the clip from the config.log in the
> build directory.

Thanks, I will look into this.

> '''
>   $ /b/b/b/Blah/Projects/X/emacs/configure
>   --prefix=/b/b/b/Blah/Applications/emacs-2021-12-04
>   --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-xft
>   --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
> '''
>
> The GTK values are not set in config.log
>
> '''
> ac_cv_env_GTK_CFLAGS_set=
> ac_cv_env_GTK_CFLAGS_value=
> ac_cv_env_GTK_LIBS_set=
> ac_cv_env_GTK_LIBS_value=
> GTK_CFLAGS=''
> GTK_LIBS=''
> GTK_OBJ=''
> '''

I'm afraid using the contents of config.log to determine Emacs
configuration usually causes a great deal of trouble to both of us: you
really ought to use `report-emacs-bug'.

> I don't have emacs configured for email and worry the mechanism might
> misfire.  Sorry about that.  I just discovered the config.log file is
> 1Mb long and decided not to include that in the attachment.

You don't have to send it from Emacs, you can copy the report into your
favorite mailer and send it to [email-masked].

> '''
> $ readelf -d b/b/Blah/bin/emacs | fgrep -n NEED
> 4: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libtiff.so.5]
> 5: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libjpeg.so.62]
> 6: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libpng16.so.16]
> 7: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library: [libz.so.1]
> 8: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libgif.so.7]
> 9: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libXpm.so.4]
> 10: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libXaw3d.so.6]
> 11: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libXmu.so.6]
> 12: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libXt.so.6]
> 13: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libSM.so.6]
> 14: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libICE.so.6]
> 15: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libXext.so.6]
> 16: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libX11.so.6]
> 17: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libXrender.so.1]
> 18: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libasound.so.2]
> 19: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [librsvg-2.so.2]
> 20: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libm.so.6]
> 21: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libgio-2.0.so.0]
> 22: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0]
> 23: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libgobject-2.0.so.0]
> 24: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libglib-2.0.so.0]
> 25: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libcairo.so.2]
> 26: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libacl.so.1]
> 27: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [librt.so.1]
> 28: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libdbus-1.so.3]
> 29: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libXrandr.so.2]
> 30: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libXinerama.so.1]
> 31: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libXfixes.so.3]
> 32: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libxml2.so.2]
> 33: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libgpm.so.2]
> 34: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libtinfo.so.6]
> 35: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libselinux.so.1]
> 36: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libfreetype.so.6]
> 37: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libfontconfig.so.1]
> 38: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libharfbuzz.so.0]
> 39: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libotf.so.0]
> 40: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libm17n-core.so.0]
> 41: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libm17n-flt.so.0]
> 42: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libgnutls.so.30]
> 43: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libpthread.so.0]
> 44: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libanl.so.1]
> 45: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [liblcms2.so.2]
> 46: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libdl.so.2]
> 47: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libsystemd.so.0]
> 48: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libgmp.so.10]
> 49: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libgccjit.so.0]
> 50: 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library:
> [libc.so.6]
> 71: 0x000000006ffffffe (VERNEED)            0xd730
> 72: 0x000000006fffffff (VERNEEDNUM)         18
> '''

That rarely helpes as well, especially in this case, because the Lucid
toolkit is builtin to Emacs and not dynamically linked.