Subject: [bug#52805] [PATCH] substitute: Add a ‘--clear-cache’ option.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 21:59:44 +0100

Hello,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Mathieu Othacehe 写道：

[...]

>> Moreover this script is an internal undocumented tool,
>> so I'm not in favor of adding user commands to it.

+1

> The point was to have a little command I could ask other users to run,
> that's guaranteed to clear the correct directory, and doesn't involve
> a spooky rm (which saves some back-and-forth :-).

In which case do users have to ‘rm -rf ~/.cache/guix/substitute’?

That directory is only used by ‘guix weather’.  In that case,
‘--clear-cache’ could be added to ‘guix weather’ maybe?

Now, ideally there would not be any cache-related option because the
cache would always be valid.  If it’s not, it would be nice to see how
that can be improved or mitigated.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.