Subject: bug#52796: closed (Re: bug#52796: 28.0.90; Incorrect CC Mode fontification in frame.c)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 19:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#52796: 28.0.90; Incorrect CC Mode fontification in frame.c

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52796: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52796
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52796: 28.0.90; Incorrect CC Mode fontification in frame.c
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 19:23:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Eli.

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 15:47:26 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 20:30:18 +0000
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> > The patch below should fix the problem.  If you want to try it out,
> > please do.  Otherwise I'll commit it to the release branch if I don't
> > hear from you within a few days.

> Thanks, this fixes the problem.  Please install.

Done.  I'm closing the bug with this post.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: 28.0.90; Incorrect CC Mode fontification in frame.c
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 20:23:25 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: [email-masked]
--text follows this line--
To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  C-x C-f src/frame.c
  C-u 1262 M-g g

Observe a bunch of function and macro calls fontified as if they were
function names in function definitions.  For example, the call to
create_tty_output, init_frame_faces, and (some) calls of FRAME_LINES.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.90 (build 35, i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2021-12-25 built on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: c09ad0cabde922374c1a34350595a3141ab7f806
Repository branch: emacs-28
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
System Description: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (v5.1.0.2600)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int --with-modules
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XPM
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: C/*l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc vc-dispatcher
bug-reference seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify
w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 87450 7574)
 (symbols 48 10155 1)
 (strings 16 29926 2708)
 (string-bytes 1 1028871)
 (vectors 16 17847)
 (vector-slots 8 222745 9949)
 (floats 8 26 116)
 (intervals 40 1420 239)
 (buffers 888 11))