Subject: Re: [bug#52789] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add libunibreak.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 17:18:12 +0100

Hello,

Felix Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:

> libunibreak 5.0 is based on Unicode 14, which unfortunately gives us
> test failures when we build it against our ucd package which only
> contains data for Unicode 12. libunibreak 4.2-1 was the last version
> based on Unicode 12.
> ucd has 505 (transitively) dependent packages, which is probably too
> much to update it on master.
>
> Do you think it would be viable to add a ucd-14 package next to our ucd
> package, so that I could update libunibreak to 5.0 using this new ucd-14
> package as input?

I think it should be done in two steps. First, do like above on master
branch, perhaps naming it ucd-next, then replace ucd with ucd-next on
staging branch.

WDYT?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou