Subject: bug#52788: static networking: Support pointopoint/peer

From: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 23:10:58 +0100

Thanks for the fast implementation in guile-netlink! Didn't know how to
use `--with-latest=guile-netlink` in that context so I updated the package:

diff --git a/gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm

index 74567830e6..dcb1041136 100644

--- a/gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm

+++ b/gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm

@@ -4602,37 +4602,39 @@ (define-public guile-fslib

      (license license:agpl3+)))

  (define-public guile-netlink

-  (package

-    (name "guile-netlink")

-    (version "1.1.1")

-    (source

-     (origin

-       (method git-fetch)

-       (uri (git-reference

-              (url "https://git.lepiller.eu/git/guile-netlink")

-              (commit version)))

-       (file-name (git-file-name name version))

-       (sha256

-        (base32

-         "0jcl6mzqy04if5drflmygmggbgzsxa42mlmskqb3cfqmksq0zj0y"))))

-    (build-system gnu-build-system)

-    (inputs

-     (list guile-3.0))

-    (native-inputs

-     (list automake

-           autoconf

-           pkg-config

-           guile-3.0 ;for 'guild compile' + guile.m4

-           texinfo))

-    (home-page "https://git.lepiller.eu/guile-netlink")

-    (synopsis "Netlink protocol implementation for Guile")

-    (description "Guile Netlink is a GNU Guile library providing an
implementation

+  (let ((commit "b7aa2be9476e0f1b6cc4a7b22ba070c6411cb0ae")

+        (revision "1"))

+    (package

+      (name "guile-netlink")

+      (version (git-version "1.1.1" revision commit))

+      (source

+       (origin

+         (method git-fetch)

+         (uri (git-reference

+                (url "https://git.lepiller.eu/git/guile-netlink")

+                (commit commit)))

+         (file-name (git-file-name name version))

+         (sha256

+          (base32

+           "03f9ads2qj3lj8frlg3pmh0nx4qikqpkhy0fvfy12qivlrfdbvcm"))))

+      (build-system gnu-build-system)

+      (inputs

+       (list guile-3.0))

+      (native-inputs

+       (list automake

+             autoconf

+             pkg-config

+             guile-3.0 ;for 'guild compile' + guile.m4

+             texinfo))

+      (home-page "https://git.lepiller.eu/guile-netlink")

+      (synopsis "Netlink protocol implementation for Guile")

+      (description "Guile Netlink is a GNU Guile library providing an
implementation

  of the netlink protocol.

  It provides a generic library for writing implementations of a netlink

  protocol, a low-level rtnetlink implementation that uses that library
and a

  high-level API for network management that uses rtnetlink.")

-    (license license:gpl3+)))

+      (license license:gpl3+))))

  (define-public guile-gitlab

    (package

That was the easy part. The part in gnu/services/base.scm seems to be a
bit over my Guile/gexp skills. And I couldn't find a proper source to
copy-and-paste-and-adapt :P