Subject: bug#52758: 29.0.50; Fido mode doesn't complete ssh hosts

From: Bird <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:23:50 +0000

Hello,

If I have a host alias configured in ~/.ssh/config, then fido mode won't
complete that while using path like: /ssh:dom<tab>
The default emacs completion does complete the host alias.

To reproduce,

a. Add an entry on ~/.ssh/config like:

Host newname
     Port 22
     HostName domain.tld

Where domain.tld can be any address that can be used with ssh.

b. Start emacs -Q then

C-x C-f /ssh:ne<tab>

Here, you can see that it is completed.

c. Enable fido mode and try step b again.  This time, there is no
completion.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-musl, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-11-20 built on laptop
Repository revision: 560a6c35cb274af6b79f89eddbdbb2fd6c00e2b0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: void

Configured using:
 'configure --with-imagemagick --with-cairo --with-modules
 --without-dbus --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --prefix=/usr'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug sendmail utf-7 imap
rfc2104 nndraft nnmh nnml gnutls network-stream nsm nnfolder nnnil
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr
kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr tsdh-dark-theme collegenotes org-tempo org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs tempo pdf-occur
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc
imenu pdf-tools compile comint ansi-color ring cus-edit cus-load
wid-edit pdf-view bookmark text-property-search pp jka-compr pdf-cache
pdf-info tq pdf-util advice format-spec pdf-macs image-mode dired
dired-loaddefs exif cl-extra use-package-ensure use-package-core
easy-mmode display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers repeat
icomplete help-mode info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 236946 21565)
 (symbols 48 25124 4)
 (strings 32 85598 4364)
 (string-bytes 1 2874364)
 (vectors 16 45466)
 (vector-slots 8 533999 22087)
 (floats 8 306 265)
 (intervals 56 399 0)
 (buffers 992 21))