Subject: bug#52727: When logged as user, GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH points to the system cache instead of the user cache

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 09:22:11 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 23.12.2021 um 08:31 +0100 schrieb Denis 'GNUtoo'
Carikli:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 11:29:29 +0100
> Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op wo 22-12-2021 om 08:57 [+0100]:
> > > For the record, guile has been a part of the system profile since
> > > %base-packages were first defined, so if your load paths break,
> > > there is probably a larger issue at hand.  In this particular
> > > case,
> > > your local guix profile ought to shadow anything that's in
> > > /run/current- system, so I don't really get how the ABI match is
> > > triggered.  Perhaps you might want to debug that in a REPL.  
> > 
> > Maybe the system guix has a package module that does not exist in
> > the user guix, so guix tries to load the system package module
> > instead of the non-existing user package module?
> In my system.scm (I attached it) I do have a package (fdm-git) that
> doesn't exist elsewhere (because I need a patch that is upstream but
> not in an fdm release yet).
The only relevant package from your system.scm (in the context of this
problem) would be the guix package, but you're not even editing the
guix service so it'd be a file removed from guix upstream since you
last reconfigured.

Cheers