Subject: bug#52727: When logged as user, GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH points to the system cache instead of the user cache

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 08:31:15 +0100

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 11:29:29 +0100
Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op wo 22-12-2021 om 08:57 [+0100]:
> > For the record, guile has been a part of the system profile since
> > %base-packages were first defined, so if your load paths break,
> > there is probably a larger issue at hand.  In this particular case,
> > your local guix profile ought to shadow anything that's in
> > /run/current- system, so I don't really get how the ABI match is
> > triggered.  Perhaps you might want to debug that in a REPL.  
> 
> Maybe the system guix has a package module that does not exist in the
> user guix, so guix tries to load the system package module instead of
> the non-existing user package module?
In my system.scm (I attached it) I do have a package (fdm-git) that
doesn't exist elsewhere (because I need a patch that is upstream but
not in an fdm release yet).

Right now I can't test without fdm-git because when doing guix
system reconfigure, it tries to build guix but its tests fails. I'll
bugreport about that.

Denis.