Subject: Re: bug#52705: 29.0.50; Flashing popups when x-gtk-use-system-tooltips is nil in pgtk

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 20:14:04 +0800

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> - The rightmost letter of a tooltip (typically an "u" in "Menu") is
>   usually cropped off by ~50%.  Letters like "i" and "r" are fully
>   visible so I suppose it's a variable pitch issue.  I don't see it with
>   a mono-spaced font.

Thanks, I will look into that.

> - compute_tip_xy does not handle the 'bottom' parameter correctly when
>   provided via 'x-show-tip'.  For example, if I ask for a value of 198
>   pixels here I get a value of 829 (this issue being moot for system
>   tooltips which always show up at the mouse position).

Likewise.

> - Tooltips on menu bar items are system tooltips.

This won't be easy when using only GTK, and I don't really think this is
worth fixing.

>   Also, the tooltip on "Next Buffer" in the Buffers menu does not show
>   up for some reason.

Thanks.