Subject: 29.0.50; shr / gnus fails to render mails

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 22:54:26 +0100

Hi,

I am following a discourse forum but unfortunately each rendering of
article throw an error.

Steps to reproduce :

1. Open the attached file.

2. (gnus-article-prepare-display)

To maybe save you time, If you step through `shr-parse-style', you can
hit "c", `edebug-continue-mode' ~8 times before ending on the error.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-12-06 built on localhost
Repository revision: 9ab479b639c3efc56c7275b662fd0d5501cbfee2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/native_comp/28.0.5:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-mailutils --with-sound=yes --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-x=yes --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-json --with-native-compilation --with-xwidgets
 build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu CC=gcc-10.2.0 'CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall ''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBSELINUX
LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF X11 XDBE XIM XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: utf-8