Subject: Re: bug#52686: menus in qt programs not visible or appearing far away on wayland

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:20:53 +0100

Hello,

"bdju" via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> writes:

> guix system
> guix (GNU Guix) b3a0db7a0e5fa7186c090647cfd5666e2b9287ff
> sway
>
> In keepassxc the menus don't show anything when clicked.
> (actually, I restarted it and now they work, but leaving that in to show
> it was multiple programs)
> In pcmanfm-qt the menus at the top as well as the right click menu don't
> show anything.
> In nheko the right click menu appears very far from the cursor, the same
> spot regardless of where in the window I've clicked.

This seems like those programs are running with the XCB backend, using
XWayland, rather than directly using Wayland.

Could you give us some more information about your system and Wayland
compositor?

Can you try launching those in a shell using `QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
pcmanfm-qt` for example after installing qtwayland in your profile?

I cannot replicate on Sway 1.6.1 with either the xcb or wayland backends
of Qt.

-- 
Josselin Poiret