Subject: bug#52685: closed (Re: bug#52685: 29.0.50; Horizontal scrolling doesn't work when compiled with pgtk)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#52685: 29.0.50; Horizontal scrolling doesn't work when compiled with pgtk

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52685: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52685
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#52685: 29.0.50; Horizontal scrolling doesn't work when compiled with pgtk
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Andrey Listopadov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Yuuki Harano <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 21:26:47 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andrey Listopadov <[email-masked]> writes:

>  Thanks, this issue should be fixed on master now.  Please test.
>
> Can confirm that the scrolling works as expected on current master.
> Thanks!

Thanks for testing.  I'm closing this bug report.

Subject: 29.0.50; Horizontal scrolling doesn't work when compiled with pgtk
From: Andrey Listopadov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 23:42:47 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After PGTK was merged I've compiled Emacs with the required switch.  The
first thing I've noticed was that --with-xinput2 has no effect when
--with-pgtk switch is supplied, so I've removed it.  I'm not sure if
this is intentional or not.  The main issue now is that horizontal
scrolling with a touchpad no longer works for me. All horizontal events
are registered as mwheel-down events.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-12-20 built on toolbox
Repository revision: eaa44ca40e8da9ba86e6e03b76b41fd6843661d6
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Fedora Linux 35
(Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk
 --prefix=/home/alist/.local'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  isayt-mode: t
  smartparens-strict-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  csv-field-index-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  corfu-global-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  common-lisp-modes-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/alist/.config/emacs/straight/build-29.0.50/transient/transient
hides /home/alist/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/alist/.config/emacs/straight/build-29.0.50/xref/xref hides
/home/alist/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/progmodes/xref
/home/alist/.config/emacs/straight/build-29.0.50/project/project hides
/home/alist/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/progmodes/project
/home/alist/.config/emacs/straight/build-29.0.50/map/map hides
/home/alist/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/map
/home/alist/.config/emacs/straight/build-29.0.50/let-alist/let-alist
hides /home/alist/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/home/alist/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-compat
hides /home/alist/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/obsolete/eieio-compat

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mule-util isayt disp-table flyspell ispell
smartparens-config smartparens-text smartparens-html smartparens-elixir
smartparens-clojure smartparens dumb-jump popup s hl-todo autorevert
filenotify init aoc ht aoc-autoloads ht-autoloads jdecomp-autoloads
esh-mode esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-groups esh-util isayt-autoloads gcmh gcmh-autoloads which-key
which-key-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads popup-autoloads recentf
tree-widget separedit-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads server
project-autoloads xref-autoloads magit-todos-autoloads pcre2el-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads f-autoloads s-autoloads async-autoloads
magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads undo-tree diff
undo-tree-autoloads smartparens-autoloads flycheck-package package-lint
finder package url-handlers flycheck-package-autoloads
package-lint-autoloads let-alist pcase flymake-proc flymake editorconfig
editorconfig-autoloads vterm-autoloads doc-view jka-compr image-mode
exif dired dired-loaddefs elixir-mode elixir-format elixir-smie
elixir-mode-autoloads erlang tempo erlang-autoloads csv-mode sort
csv-mode-autoloads json-mode-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads css-mode
smie sgml-mode facemenu eww xdg url-queue shr pixel-fill kinsoku svg xml
dom browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars mailcap puny mm-url
gnus nnheader gnus-util time-date mail-utils color lua-mode-autoloads
yaml-mode yaml-mode-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads sly-autoloads
clj-refactor-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads
inflections-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads paredit-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads flycheck-clj-kondo flycheck json map find-func dash
flycheck-clj-kondo-autoloads flycheck-autoloads let-alist-autoloads
dash-autoloads cider-autoloads sesman vc vc-dispatcher sesman-autoloads
spinner-autoloads queue-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
finder-inf parseedn-autoloads map-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
inferior-clojure derived clojure-mode lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr align thingatpt imenu
inf-lisp shell pcomplete clojure-mode-autoloads fennel-mode-autoloads
geiser-guile info-look geiser geiser-repl compile text-property-search
geiser-image geiser-company geiser-doc geiser-menu geiser-edit etags
fileloop generator xref project geiser-completion geiser-autodoc advice
geiser-eval geiser-connection tq geiser-syntax scheme geiser-log comint
ansi-color geiser-popup view geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-impl help-fns
radix-tree geiser-custom geiser-base geiser-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads ox-hugo-autoloads pixel-scroll ring formfeed
cape cape-autoloads corfu corfu-autoloads consult-autoloads marginalia
marginalia-autoloads vertico vertico-autoloads minions minions-autoloads
display-line-numbers modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes
modus-themes-autoloads delsel savehist comp comp-cstr warnings rx novice
cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit font defaults edmacro kmacro
common-lisp-modes-mode functions local-config use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core
use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads early-init straight-autoloads
info cl-seq cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt straight subr-x cl-macs gv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 439300 347003)
 (symbols 48 49273 658)
 (strings 32 120328 161276)
 (string-bytes 1 4376451)
 (vectors 16 46029)
 (vector-slots 8 783458 512099)
 (floats 8 340 1112)
 (intervals 56 409 120)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Andrey Listopadov