Subject: bug#52685: 29.0.50; Horizontal scrolling doesn't work when compiled with pgtk

From: Andrey Listopadov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 16:54:13 +0300

вт, 21 дек. 2021 г., 16:28 Yuuki Harano <[email-masked]>:

>
> > The main issue now is that horizontal
> > scrolling with a touchpad no longer works for me. All horizontal events
> > are registered as mwheel-down events.
>
> Are all of left and right scroll events registered as mwheel-down?
>
> Does the issue reproduce even if `emacs -Q`?
>
> --
> Yuuki Harano

I've figured out that this was caused by me enabling
`pixel-scroll-precision-mode'. If the mode is enabled, all horizontal
events are treated as wheel-down in PGTK build. Additionally to that, it
seems that all events that are not exactly wheel-up are treated as down
events, e.g. C-<wheel-up> is also seen as C-<wheel-down> (in `emacs -Q'
with `pixel-scroll-precision-mode' enabled)

When `pixel-scroll-precision-mode' is disabled everything works fine.
When compiled without `--with-pgtk' but with `--with-xinput2'
`pixel-scroll-precision-mode' works as expected.

--
Andrey Listopadov