Subject: bug#52684: [BUG] Multiple Packages Failing to Build

From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 14:17:02 -0500

__________________________________________

                 [BUG] MULTIPLE PACKAGES FAILING TO BUILD

                                 rodnchr
                __________________________________________

Table of Contents
_________________

1. Environment
2. Steps to reproduce
3. Expected Result
4. Actual Result
5. Visual Proof (screenshots, videos, text)
6. Severity/Priority

1 Environment
=============

   - *Device:* Linode Virtual Server, and Lenovo Thinkpad E14.
   - *OS:* Guix System, and a workplace-modified version of Ubuntu.
   - *Commits:* guix: `2c469f04a3bec27b1f49680c638814bc06075b9a`.
   - *Substitutes:* Enabled, but unavailable for these packages.
   - *Additional Channels:* yewscion (personal channel):
     `84d82fede37110a34e2df5e1712eb3bf934936cf`.
   - *Blast Radius:* apl beets-bandcamp frotz nomad passwordsafe.

2 Steps to reproduce
====================

   1. *Update:* Run `guix pull`.
   2. *Upgrade:* Run `guix package -u apl nomad beets-bandcamp frotz
      passwordsafe`.

3 Expected Result
=================

   All packages should build and install properly on both System and
   Binary Installs.

4 Actual Result
===============

   *Failure:* Build of `apl` fails, complaining. If `--keep-going` is
   specified, the above-listed packages all fail as well, though nothing
   else does. As a result, I either have to remove all of the above
   packages from my profile (which I did, and which let me upgrade but
   prevented my use of those packages) or pin my system to an earlier
   commit (I have been using the attached `channels.scm` file, which
   still contains the commented commit line).

5 Visual Proof (screenshots, videos, text)
==========================================

   Attached are the failed build logs, as well as a log of stdout during
   the attempted build, and of the output of `guix describe`.

6 Severity/Priority
===================

   5 (Lowest Priority)