Subject: Re: bug#52684: [BUG] Multiple Packages Failing to Build

From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 13:08:59 -0500

Copy that, Maxime. That makes sense.

I'll work towards getting it to build without deleting that phase, then. 
Thanks for the feedback!

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021, 13:02 Maxime Devos <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

    Christopher Rodriguez schreef op di 21-12-2021 om 12:52 [-0500]:
     > That said, adding `(delete 'sanity-check)` for both beets and
     > beets-bandcamp does indeed make them build correctly. Is that the
     > appropriate fix here, or should I be trying to make them build
     > correctly
     > with the sanity check? I'm not super-familiar with that part of
     > python
     > development.

    I don't think we should simply delete the sanity-check phase, for the
    same reason that we don't set #:tests? #false when a test fails --
    presumably, the sanity-check phase failing (or the failing test)
    indicates a real, though possibly subtle and obscure problem.

    If I run "guix build beets-bandcamp", I get:

    starting phase `sanity-check'
    validating 'beets-bandcamp'
    /gnu/store/a8zvmrbbvs8fc3gaq9vd4b31qjpkzi5i-beets-bandcamp-
    0.1.4/lib/python3.9/site-packages
    ...checking requirements: ERROR: beets-bandcamp==0.1.4 The 'jellyfish'
    distribution was not found and is required by beets

    so I presume 'python-jellyfish' needs to be added to the propagated-
    inputs.  Or the 'requirements' of beets-bandcamp need can be modified
    to remove jellyfish.  I don't know if beets-bandcamp actually uses
    jellyfish, if it is optional and only required by parts of beets-
    bandcamp, ...

    Greetings,
    Maxime