Subject: Re: bug#52684: [BUG] Multiple Packages Failing to Build

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 18:02:12 +0000

Christopher Rodriguez schreef op di 21-12-2021 om 12:52 [-0500]:
> That said, adding `(delete 'sanity-check)` for both beets and 
> beets-bandcamp does indeed make them build correctly. Is that the 
> appropriate fix here, or should I be trying to make them build
> correctly 
> with the sanity check? I'm not super-familiar with that part of
> python 
> development.

I don't think we should simply delete the sanity-check phase, for the
same reason that we don't set #:tests? #false when a test fails --
presumably, the sanity-check phase failing (or the failing test)
indicates a real, though possibly subtle and obscure problem.

If I run "guix build beets-bandcamp", I get:

starting phase `sanity-check'
validating 'beets-bandcamp'
/gnu/store/a8zvmrbbvs8fc3gaq9vd4b31qjpkzi5i-beets-bandcamp-
0.1.4/lib/python3.9/site-packages
...checking requirements: ERROR: beets-bandcamp==0.1.4 The 'jellyfish'
distribution was not found and is required by beets

so I presume 'python-jellyfish' needs to be added to the propagated-
inputs.  Or the 'requirements' of beets-bandcamp need can be modified
to remove jellyfish.  I don't know if beets-bandcamp actually uses
jellyfish, if it is optional and only required by parts of beets-
bandcamp, ...

Greetings,
Maxime