Subject: bug#52678: sway unable to start Xwayland

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 23:51:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi Guix,

With Guix 11334d15d590073c631c574436d2110aa1ea2142, sway is not able to 
start Xwayland. I believe that is was working correctly for me at commit 
d627fbad8f4e157103251b07d7543dd2f5647cea.

Running sway manually from a VT, I was able to capture the following 
messages:

```
00:00:00.002 [wlr] [libseat] [libseat/backend/seatd.c:78] Could not connect to socket /run/seatd.sock: No such file or directory
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.084 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.085 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.085 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.085 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.085 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.085 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.085 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.085 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.085 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:99] /tmp/.X11-unix not owned by root or us
00:00:00.085 [wlr] [xwayland/sockets.c:216] No display available in the first 33
```

Best,
Jack