Subject: bug#52676: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Rationalize window-text-pixel-size

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 20:06:40 +0200

> From: dick <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 12:56:14 -0500
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Your transposition of "up" and "down" in pixel-scroll-precision
> contradicts the existing understanding of those two directions.

Which existing understanding is that? where does it exist?

And what do you presume is being scrolled "up": the text or the
window? should C-v be regarded as scrolling "up" or "down"? should
PageDown be bound to scroll-down-command or scroll-up-command?

> Minimally you could have kept pixel-scroll-precision in a separate
> module to avoid conflating the original `pixel-scroll.el`.  Even better,
> you might have quarantined it in ELPA.

Thank you for your valuable advice regarding file and package
organization in Emacs, but we have other ideas, so no, thanks.

> You remind me Chong Yidong, another spaghetti coder who was inexplicably
> given free reign over the code base, and proceeded to spray the master
> with indecipherable crudities still being unwound today.

Hogwash.