Subject: Re: bug#52667: System reconfiguration fails to build linux-modules.drv

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:25:27 +0100

Hi Leo,

On 2021-12-22 19:28, Leo Famulari wrote:
> Or all linux-libre packages aside from the 5.15 series?

This.

> I'm inclined to just revert the commit that introduced the regression
> until we have a better solution...

I think this is merely trading one regression for another, IMO 
*slightly* nastier one.  And no, I'm not personally affected by this bug 
:-)

What about my third suggestion?

> build in simplefb even for kernels 5.15 and beyond

Your approval as definitely-not-our-linux-libre-maintainer would be one 
of the major factors.  If you have no opinion, I doubt anyone else will 
object.  Realistically, the only way to tease out any unknown users out 
there is to try it.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.