Subject: bug#52606: closed (bug#52606: FreeCAD - Missing dependency python-ply)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 10:40:01 +0000

Your bug report

#52606: FreeCAD - Missing dependency python-ply

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
52606: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52606
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#52606: FreeCAD - Missing dependency python-ply
From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 10:37:30 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed in b7078d5d49d72cb5e5356d698b99540612b4d6c4.
Closing.

Subject: FreeCAD - Missing dependency python-ply
From: Jacob Hrbek <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 20:09:26 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce: 1. Get FreeCAD and open any project 2. Navigate to
OpenSCAD workbench 3. In top-menu: OpenSCAD -> Add OpenSCAD Element...
4. Try to create `cube()` as **NON**-mesh and expect the following:

21:06:38 Traceback (most recent call last):

21:06:38 File
"/gnu/store/c600mwsbfxyiv0i35y7srhxp2g3ya7wb-freecad-0.19.2/Mod/OpenSCAD/OpenSCADCommands.py",
line 380, in addelement

21:06:38 import importCSG

21:06:38 File
"/gnu/store/mcdj73r1d10nqmz9pjcmkxsni00kffz9-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

21:06:38 return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

21:06:38 File
"/gnu/store/c600mwsbfxyiv0i35y7srhxp2g3ya7wb-freecad-0.19.2/Mod/OpenSCAD/importCSG.py",
line 44, in <module>

21:06:38 import ply.lex as lex

21:06:38 File
"/gnu/store/mcdj73r1d10nqmz9pjcmkxsni00kffz9-python-shiboken-2-5.15.2/lib/python3.9/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__
feature__.py",
line 142, in _import

21:06:38 return original_import(name, *args, **kwargs)

21:06:38 ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ply'

--
-- Jacob Hrbek