Subject: bug#52604: 29.0.50; (--with-pgtk) menu-bar-open: Symbol's function definition is void: pgtk-menu-bar-open

From: Simon Pugnet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 18:20:27 +0000

When built using the newly merged --with-pgtk feature, menu-bar-open
no longer works.

It looks like menu-bar-open tries to call pgtk-menu-bar-open, but this
function is not defined: -

#+begin_src elisp
  ...
      (cond
       ((eq type 'x) (x-menu-bar-open frame))
       ((eq type 'w32) (w32-menu-bar-open frame))
       ((eq type 'haiku) (haiku-menu-bar-open frame))
       ((eq type 'pgtk) (pgtk-menu-bar-open frame))
       ((and (null tty-menu-open-use-tmm)
             (not (zerop (or (frame-parameter nil 'menu-bar-lines)
             0))))
  ...
#+end_src

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-12-18 built on tikal
Repository revision: 21ef1740f0fe9424f2a079440d070f725b2ca558
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-modules --with-json
 --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-compat hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/obsolete/eieio-compat

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map
text-property-search time-date seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils iso-transl tooltip
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 66808 12014)
 (symbols 48 6707 1)
 (strings 32 19511 2530)
 (string-bytes 1 663397)
 (vectors 16 13904)
 (vector-slots 8 296601 16126)
 (floats 8 22 33)
 (intervals 56 231 3)
 (buffers 992 11))

--
Simon Pugnet
https://www.polaris64.net/