Subject: [bug#52603] [PATCH 0/2] Flag missing netmasks early on

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 18:02:27 +0100

Hi!

As discussed yesterday on IRC, I mistakenly configured a machine with
something like:

  (network-address
    (device "eno1")
    (value "1.2.3.4"))

This results in having a “/0” subnet, thereby preventing the addition
of a route without a clear diagnostic from Guile-Netlink or ‘ip’.

To avoid this, this patch flags it at expansion time (if possible) or
at run time, before the machine configuration is built.

Did I go overboard with ‘define-compile-time-procedure’?  I don’t think
so :-), I think it will serve us more than once.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  combinators: Add 'define-compile-time-procedure'.
  services: static-networking: Sanitize <network-address> values.

 gnu/services/base.scm | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++--
 guix/combinators.scm  | 50 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 2 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

base-commit: 4204156eb4c1afd5365ef505e356f87daa91787d
-- 
2.33.0