Subject: Re: bug#52600: [PATCH] doc: Document (gnu services configuration).

From: Attila Lendvai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 09:24:13 +0000

> I am not familiar with Guile internals, but I think that
> ‘#<unspecified>’ is just a thing that the pretty-printer prints. Maybe
> we could use “proper” Maybe types, like in SRFI-189[1]?
>
> [1]: Using https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-189/srfi-189.html

this is indeed a good idea here, thanks for drawing my attention to
it! FTR, i have added guile-srfi-189 in this (not yet applied)
patch:

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53317

i think Maybe and Nothing covers exactly what i need here. my plan is
to get guile-srfi-189 into master, then make sure it can be used in
the Guix codebase, and then prepare a patch for the configuration code
that uses Nothing to represent unspecified values.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39
--
Government means never having to say you're sorry…