Subject: bug#52591: downloading from software archives as default even if version is wrong

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 01:06:48 +0100

Maxime Devos 写道：
> You forgot to update the sha256 hash.

That's it, in a nutshell!

> which at this time shall fail as I have not updated the hash 
> checksum.

No, that's the reason it *succeeds*!

Guix is mostly content-addressed, meaning that the hash identifies 
a file.  If you don't change the hash, you're not asking for a new 
file, by definition.  URLs are like directions (hence: ‘locator’), 
not identifiers.

You can easily generate a bogus-but-valid hash by negating the 
first digit, which (in nix-base32 at least), can only be either 0 
or 1.  Guix will then print the correct hash of whatever it found 
at the URI you specified.

OK to close as NOTABUG?

Kind regards,

T G-R