Subject: bug#52587: 29.0.50; Wrong block header/footer background in Org

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:13:57 +0100

I keep seeing buggy drawing in Org with Modus Themes.

Reproduction steps:

1. run 'emacs -Q'
2. type 'M-x load-theme'
3. type 'modus-operandi'
4. type 'C-x C-f'
5. type 'test.org'
6. type:

* foo
#+begin_quote
bar
#+end_quote
* baz

7. move point to 'foo'
8. type 'TAB'

Expected: headings with default (white) background

Actual: one heading has buggy (partially gray) background

Rudy

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-apple-darwin21.2.0, NS appkit-2113.20 Version 12.1 (Build 21C52))
 of 2021-12-17 built on Workstation.local
Repository revision: efdfe22704581dca8bc8b32672f7b5ae142f1fd5
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-json --with-xwidgets --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  paredit-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  corfu-global-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/salutis/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20211208.1819/transient hides /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient
/Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-compat hides /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete/eieio-compat

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message fortune flymake-proc flymake project compile
thingatpt mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc puny ls-lisp dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils char-fold
orderless cursor-sensor paredit edmacro kmacro
display-fill-column-indicator bbdb bbdb-site timezone
modus-vivendi-theme modus-operandi-theme modus-themes corfu vertico
marginalia pdf-loader diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode diminish yasnippet hl-todo finder-inf ob-sqlite
ob-sql ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-R org-clock cl cap-words superword
subword saveplace autorevert filenotify comp comp-cstr warnings delsel
savehist cl-extra help-mode org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic
bibtex iso8601 time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 621646 20332)
 (symbols 48 30239 11)
 (strings 32 167903 5449)
 (string-bytes 1 5056735)
 (vectors 16 47217)
 (vector-slots 8 815311 33172)
 (floats 8 230 28)
 (intervals 56 4144 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
"'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'" -- Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia