Subject: bug#52585: lualatex: Unexpected non-option argument(s): lualatex.fmt

From: Sergiu Ivanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 13:16:32 +0100

Hello,

I am chiming in to say that I have the same issue.  In my case this
doesn't seem related to https://issues.guix.gnu.org/51252 , because
I install the entire texlive package.

How to reproduce: put these lines into test.tex (also attached for
convenience):

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
text
\end{document}

Run lualatex test.tex:

This is LuaTeX, Version 1.13.0 (TeX Live 2021/GNU Guix) 
 restricted system commands enabled.

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt lualatex.fmt
/gnu/store/irzhgvy2zb6dd9g7a6b343pn4lvsn9n0-texlive-bin-20210325/share/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/fmtutil.pl: Unexpected non-option argument(s): lualatex.fmt
Try "fmtutil --help" for more information.
I can't find the format file `lualatex.fmt'!

Running pdflatex test.tex and xelatex test.tex works as expected.

-
Sergiu