Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/2] OpenLDAP service

From: Jean-Francois GUILLAUME <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:38:35 +0200

Hello,

> Sorry for the delay.

No worries, I must admit that I didn't have much time on hand to correct 
things on my side.

> Well, I am not convinced that the package 'openldap-for-services' is 
> really
> required and perhaps the tweak of openldap-2.6 is enough.

It's only required if you have the need for a fully featured server like 
we do (we use this definition in our openldap cluster infrastructure).
Given enough time, we will provides a stable repository and artifacts 
for our definitions.

> Moreover, do you need openssl instead of gnutls?

Nope, I just took the définition of the RHEL package and moved it into 
a guix format.

> About the old versions of openldap, I am going to send you a recipe for 
> your
> own channel.  I am not convinced that maintain such old variants makes 
> sense
> at the Guix level.

I think we still have this old version because it's the version provided 
in .deb anb .rpm distributions.

> About the service, it still misses some documentation for the manual.

Yep, I still need to take the time to check how to do it.

> And 'tests' would also be very welcome. :-)
> Note that gnu/tests/ldap.scm already some tests.  Maybe this file could 
> be
> updated with the new service.

 From what I see, what is already present gnu/tests/ldap.scm should be 
sufficient.

---
Cordialement,
Jean-François GUILLAUME
Plateforme Bioinformatique BiRD

Tél. : +33 (0)2 28 08 00 57
www.pf-bird.univ-nantes.fr

Inserm UMR 1087/CNRS UMR 6291
IRS-UN - 8 quai Moncousu - BP 70721
44007 Nantes Cedex 1